Conference Chair Message
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you all to the 5th Annual Quality Conference in the Middle East. The conference is held this year under the auspices of the Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University Annual Congress 2011 in Dubai, under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and President of HBMeU.
The theme of the 2011 Quality Conference in the Middle East is, ‘TQM and Excellence: A Framework for Managing Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility’. The conference theme captures recent thinking that the Total Quality Management and Excellence movements have some meaningful contributions to make in resolving pressing issues of governance, sustainability and corporate social responsibility. The 5th Quality Conference (QC5) will provide a forum for researchers, practitioners and policy makers to address how quality management and excellence connect with governance, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR). The Conference will also provide opportunities to discuss, generate and disseminate evidence to expound on how quality management and excellence frameworks, tools and methods provide appropriate mechanisms in order to embed and operationalize governance, sustainability and CSR concepts. The conference will extensively explore the role of leadership to pursue excellence in difficult and turbulent times. Examples of best practice will be shared to illustrate how a roadmap to excellence leads to improved governance structures, competitiveness, sustainable performance, and customer-orientation through CSR practices.
I am also delighted to share with you that our Quality Conferences are recognized amongst the top six conferences in the Quality field in the world.
Conference Themes: Research papers, case studies and examples of best practice are invited on the following themes:
We welcome scholars from all relevant fields to submit research paper, case studies and best practices on the themes below:
- Please submit an abstract (up to 500 words) with a brief resume, contact details and a digital passport size color photograph, using Congress online paper submission system.
- Full paper presented at the Congress will be included in the Proceedings and selected papers will be considered for special issues of leading international journals
- Papers submitted by doctoral students will also be considered for presentation at a special session
- Papers will be also eligible for Best Paper Award and Best Paper Presentation.
- All abstracts/papers submitted will be subjected to double blind review procedure.
We look forward to see you in the vibrant city of Dubai.
Conference Chair Professor Khalid Hafeez SSMBB; EFQM European Assessor; Fellow NCGE
Dean of e-School of Business & Quality Management
Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University, Academic City, Dubai