Chancellor, Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University
Committees and Affiliations
- Honorary Visiting Fellow in Organization and Information Management, University of Bradford
- Member of International Academy for Quality (IQA) as Academician.
- Part-time professor in graduate studies at the University Of Salford, United Kingdom, and supervises PhD dissertations.
- A Certified International Assessor for European Foundation of Total Quality Management (EFQM).
Awards and badges
Dr. Mansoor also received several awards, including,
- Distinguished Government Employee Award, Dubai Government Excellence Program 2005. This Award was conferred by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
- Dubai Police Medal, the highest honor Dubai Police. Conferred by the Ruler of Dubai in November 2005
- Certificate of Creativity & Innovation by Dubai Police May 2002
- The founder of the first TQM Department (Total Quality Management Department at Dubai Police) when he was appointed as a Director, and held that position from 1998 till 2006. He was the first Director of quality in the public sector in the Emirate of Dubai and UAE.
- The founder of Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University which was known as e-TQM College since its first inception in 2002.
- He has several initiatives at Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University, he was the first founder of the Excellence in Leadership Award in the Arab world in April 2005. The Award holds the name of (Feigenbaum) the Quality Management Scholar.
- Furthermore, he has established Joran Chair at HBMeU for the first time in the history of the region in 2004. It is also worth enough to mention that Dr. Mansoor has established the Virtual Executive Club in 2003 in addition to the Media Quality Award for the Arab World in 2004.
- The founder of the Emirates Business Women Award at Dubai Quality Group in 2002, and he was the first elected Chairman of Dubai Quality Group of the Government Sector in 2001.
- The founder of Public Opinion Survey Center in Dubai Police in 2001.
- Lean Champions and Lean Coaches or those who are planning to take up these roles.
- Directors and Senior Managers who believe they should be able to get more from their Lean programmes and are looking to understand how
- Anyone else who believes their organistaion can achieve far more
Duration : Half day 9:00 - 12:00
Chairman of the Lean Enterprise Research Centre at Cardiff Business School
Professor Peter Hines, is the Co-Founder of the Lean Enterprise Research Centre at Cardiff Business School. He holds a BA (MA) in geography from Cambridge University and an MBA and PhD from the University of Cardiff. Peter followed a successful career in distribution and manufacturing industry before joining Cardiff Business School in 1992. Since that time he initially led the Materials Management Unit and then chaired the Lean Enterprise Research Centre within Cardiff Business School.
He has undertaken extensive research into Lean Thinking and Supply Chain Management and has pioneered a number of key concepts, methods and applications in Europe and Australia, including: Supplier Associations (now involving over 800 European firms), Value Stream Mapping, Network Sourcing, the Three Tier System of Management and the Value Stream Analysis Tool. He has written or co-written several books including "Creating World Class Suppliers" published by Pitman in 1994, "The Lean Enterprise" published by AMACOM in 1997, "Value Stream Management" published by Financial Times Prentice Hall in 2000 and "Staying Lean" first published in 2008 which won a Shingo Research and Professional Publication Prize Recipient for 2009.
Peter is now Chairman of S A Partners, a specialist consultancy organisation that assists companies to apply Lean Thinking to their own Value Streams. S A Partners has grown rapidly, primarily through client referrals, to over 40 employees working with large multi-national firms such as Corus (Tata), Wartsila, Mars, Arla, Boston Scientific, Siemens, Boots and Rexam together with their associated Supply Chains and individual smaller companies. It now has operating companies in the UK, Ireland and Australia.
In 2011 Peter also launched a new portal www.LeanBusinessSystem.com to help his 50,000 LinkedIn group members to be able to learn, share and grow faster on their respective lean journeys.
Peter also continues his academic links with his Adjunct Professorship at the University of South Australia and associate role at LERC.
School of Management, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Professor Alan Brown is from the School of Management, Edith Cowan University, Australia and has held positions of Director, Small Medium Enterprise Research Centre (SMERC), Head of the School of Management and Dean of the Faculty of Business and Public Management at ECU. He was President of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management in 2006 and is a life fellow of this Academy. He has substantial international teaching and research experience in quality management, human resource management and small business management. His research has been published in many international journals including; the International Journal of Small Business, International Journal of Human Resource Management, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, Total Quality Management, and Quality Management Journal and presented at numerous conferences. He has undertaken training and consulting activities with major Australian public and private sector organizations.